- Getting Started
- Free Resources
- Module 01 - Church Check-up
- Module 02 - Greening worship
- Module 03 - Theology and Environment
- Module 04 - Children and Creation Care
- Module 05 - Young People and Environmental issues
- Module 06 - Resources for small groups
- Module 07 - Greening the church building
- Module 08 - Greening church spending
- Module 09 - Churchyard conservation
- Module 10 - Lifestyle Issues
- Module 11 - Community Matters
- Module 12 - Global neighbours
- Module 13 - Manage your carbon footprint
- Local groups
- Our Story
Woodland Trust - Free Trees for Your Community
We have received the below from the Woodland Trust, which we forward for interest
I thought you might like to know that the Woodland Trust is offering community groups the chance to apply for packs of free trees as part of our Jubilee Woods campaign this year. Whether groups are interested in creating a faith, or inter-faith, green space; a community garden or allotment; or just want to enhance their local area - any community groups are very welcome to apply for our free trees and I’d be very happy to speak to any representatives about the packs and how to apply.
As 2012 is the Queen’s 60th Jubilee everyone who plants a tree this year will go down in history as they will be entered into the Royal Record – a copy of which will be presented to the Queen and the British Library at the end of the year.
The tree packs come in three sizes – 60 saplings, 105 saplings and 420 saplings in various themes – and you can find out more about them here www.jubileewoods.org.uk/community. The packs are due to be delivered week commencing 5 November (the deadline for applications is 20 August). Alternatively from 1 August they can apply for a pack to be delivered in spring 2013.
Community Tree Packs Project Manager
Tel: 0845 293 5861